Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Still no word from the Fabe but that's no big shock. There is still a small glimmer of hope in me but, at the same time, I realize that all of his trust and faith in me has long since been shattered. I guess that was the sacrifice that needed to be made to get my world straightened out. And, as much as I love Fabe and as much as I would love for things to work out between us, I really feel that it was an easy trade. Without all that I have been through since meeting him, I know that if things hadn't changed I would be no good for anyone. In fact, I doubt I would have been around for much longer. So, when all is said and done, I would rather be alone for the rest of my life than be the person that I was two years ago. That would be the easiest choice ever.

The hard part of this right now is - do I just move on? It's hard to know. I know nothing about his life anymore. Maybe it's better if I let him go. I'm not going to chase him or something stupid like old Bev. And, as it said in the email that I got today, "if a man wants you, nothing can keep him away; if he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay."

And one small reminder, Beverly. You are entering PMS time so nothing that is felt this week is really as dramatic as it seems!

"And then I realized that I do have faith - faith in myself, faith that one day I would meet someone who would be sure that I was the one." - Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

And, anyway!! I just reread this and it sounds like Fabe was jerking me around or something. Am I only remembering the good? I reread my old list from long ago on the why-nots and, quite frankly, they are shallow! I was grasping at straws. Yes, I'd like him to get his own place. But whatever. Do I care what the hell he drives? Do I care what he does for a living? And he bitches about people - have I ever met a man that didn't? Have you met my father? And he was there for me and I pushed him away. I let him closer than anyone has ever been and then gave him a great big shove. I didn't think he was good enough and I let him know it. And probably only confirmed his belief in himself. Muther fucker.

Hello, frustration! Have you met regret?

Here's my horoscope for today (they are always wrong but this one made me laugh):

A LACK OF CONTACT BETWEEN YOU AND A ROMANTIC PARTNER COULD HAVE YOU FEELING RATHER DEPRESSED TODAY, DEAR SCORPIO. YOU MIGHT BE TEMPTED TO JUMP TO THE ERRONEOUS CONCLUSION THAT YOUR BELOVED NO LONGER CARES FOR YOU AND THAT'S WHY YOUR PHONE ISN'T RINGING. DON'T FALL INTO THIS TRAP. IF YOU TRY TO BE OBJECTIVE, YOU'LL REALIZE THAT THIS ISN'T TRUE. CHANCES ARE YOUR FRIEND IS HELD UP IN SOME WAY AND WILL CALL AS SOON AS THERE IS AN OPPORTUNITY.