Tuesday, October 11, 2005

So, I'm considering trying again. A continuation of yesterday's thoughts about putting things on hold until I'm perfect - I got my hair cut today. I had intended just a trim and a shorter cut when I lose weight and my face is thinner. But maybe this is who I'll be. Ah, no, I don't think so but why wait? Life is happening all around me.

Which is why I'm considering trying again. It's so hard to put yourself out there. Am I ready for the rejection? But, see, what my old brain considers rejection is life for most people. Always looking to see if anyone is looking at me, paying attention. Well, here's the facts. You really aren't at your hottest at the gym at 5am. And, also, while you're okay, you'll never be on the cover of a magazine. Guys won't stare as you walk by - that's just the way it is. (I can't believe that actually bothers me!) Deal with it! At 34 (almost!) that should be figured out by now but these stupid wet things seem to be forming behind my eyes. ANYWAY! It's scary but I want to be held again. I want to laugh and cuddle and talk and the wet things are getting big so I'm gonna stop now. Next time, baby!