Friday, May 23, 2008

Can I quit?

As happens with the gushing of love unrequited, the aftermath of somber moments stretches on and on.

Hmmm, that was kinda poetic! So, can I quit him, too? Like smoking and the chocolate and chips? Just take it off the table. Make the answer no, not maybe, not someday, just no. Can I do that? Does it work the same? I don't mean go all boo hooing and saying shit like "I have to let you go" crap; just do it. And I don't mean never talking to him or seeing him but just accepting the fact that it's over and not running toward temptation at record speeds. Drop in for 2 minutes, not hop on the couch and start cuddling with my beautiful Daisy-duke. She's not mine anymore, he's not mine anymore. I guess it just takes time and patience... but I'm doing it and I'm getting it right. I am. I know it.