Tuesday, May 6, 2008

1st Profile - don't think I like it

So, I guess this is kind of a sales pitch, huh? I am marketing me. Not the most comfortable feeling in the world but, obviously, comfortable isn't giving me what I am looking for. It's time to try a little bit of discomfort and see where it leads me.

If I had to describe myself in three words I would have to say: genuine, friendly and happy (I also have to give funny an honorable mention but humour is kind of subjective... I laugh at my jokes all the time but that doesn't mean that you will!). I live every day as if it were on purpose and I see silver linings everywhere.

Does it really matter what kind of movies I like? If I tell you that my favorite color is red, would you think less of me? If I told you that my favorite color isn't red, would you accuse me of lying? (Because sometimes it's blue.) Sometimes I like to get adventurous in the kitchen but sometimes there is nothing better than a good batch of KD. My home is usually quite neat but I am just as content when it looks like my dorm room used to. I'd like to win a million dollars but winning $10 on a scratch ticket is enough to make my day.

These things just don't matter to me. What matters is that I am happy and that the people around me are happy. I never underestimate the power of a smile, a kind word or gesture. It only takes a moment to make someone's day a little brighter and the best part is it makes my day a little brighter, too. The difficult part here is that I would much rather live it than talk about it.

Obviously, life isn't all sunshine and roses but I think I am pretty fun to be around - the feedback has been positive so far! I am a hard worker and a quick thinker. I am outspoken and not shy by anyone's standards. I cannot listen to music without singing, I tell terrible jokes and sometimes I talk just a little too much but I love my life and I think it shows!