Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them!

This is the email that I just sent to Lyle. We were talking earlier and he was all drunk and acting a little demanding and a little insecure and I like him. I like him and I want to see where we can take this. This is what I wrote:

"Hi Lyle:

I am writing to you here because I don't have your email address but I want to say something to you. I don't know what is going on with you or what you are feeling after that phone call tonight but, before you say anything, I want you to know a few things.

I really like you Lyle. I don't know how much that is being communicated to you - I have received feedback that I act aloof and uncaring in the beginning of a relationship - but I do like you. I worry that I will scare you off if I go too fast and then I stress that I pull back too far. I hate this part of getting to know each other. I am a very confident person but dating makes me feel 15 years old again.

I have to be honest - and maybe this is too forward and maybe this is too fast and my mother would bust a hernia if she knew I was saying this to you but what the heck - if I were to compare you to a list of the traits that I am looking for in someone, you hit them all... and some of them I just threw on the list for fun! It's actually unnerving how comfortable I feel with you already, I trust you and I feel accepted and protected. I want to be with you all of the time because I want to know you. I don't know how often you click with someone right away but this is a rare event for me. At any other time in my life, if anyone possessed as many of the qualities that I am looking for as you have, I would have ran for the hills siting the old saying "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is".

But right now, where I am in my life and where I hope to be going, I accept all of the fear and frustration and doubt that comes with dating, because I'm finally ready for some "too good to be true" in my life. How about you? Do you think you might want to have a little faith in each other and see where we can take this? Let's just get to know each other and see what happens, okay?

I miss you - I haven't seen you since Saturday! Are you going to try to avoid me again tomorrow?

xxx"