Monday, April 28, 2008

Banter

Who would want to be with someone that agrees with everything they say? For one thing, someone who agrees with everything is full of shit, get an opinion already. I don't mind someone that agrees with me if they agree with me but people who say they agree even though they have no idea what is going on piss me off. I can't stand that in a female friend, let alone a guy that I am considering spending my whole life with! I don't need a yes man. If anything, I would rather a guy that agrees with nothing I say... I kinda miss that debating banter that Fabe and I used to get on with... we talked, we played games, we didn't just get stoned and watch a movie that we couldn't even remember the next day. Or maybe I was just more comfortable with the banter, not that I enjoyed it more.

Ian didn't banter. And honestly it kind of irritated me that he didn't get me. He did not get me. The deep down stuff I think he got; it was the everyday stuff that he could not connect with. Maybe that's why all we did was watch movies that we couldn't remember the next day. I loved the romantic stuff with him, I love that he thought of me and I love that he wanted to be with me in bed and out. But he always read me wrong, he always took everything I did wrong... ha, I guess he always looked for support of what he thought of himself. Which, in turn, supports my theory. Do you think that it is possible that I am looking for instances that only support my theory and not acknowledging the ones that don't? My point, exactly.

Ian's mother thinks that she gets hang ups on her machine because someone doesn't like her, one of the grandkids or something. Of course, it is about 98.25% more likely that these are telemarketers (because, quite frankly, when you have to call someone that you don't actually like, I think most people would be delirious to get a machine!). And, in turn, she is kind of saucy to everyone and, because of that, no one really likes her. I will recap: she is mean because she wrongly thinks no one likes her and no one likes her because she is mean. Could it really be that simple??????????????????????????

I notice that I keep going back to commenting on being comfortable in the negative situations. Comfortable just doesn't cut it, sister. Let's get a little uncomfortable and see what happens.