Sunday, March 30, 2008

Once more - for old times sake!

Well, I said before that I figured I was over the huge life-changing epiphanies but apparently there are a few little mini ones left over... epiphs, if you will.

I was talking to Tom last night and, quite frankly, he was getting on my nerves. The man is so set in his ways and cannot see past himself. I was even thinking about it today because I never really noticed that about him... or maybe never really noticed it was odd. Maybe he's the way I was - not accepting anyone else's perspective but my own and then only after it was hammered into me. Fabian used to get a real charge out of it. Ha! It was almost entertainment to him. I can see what he was saying now. Tom and Andrew were having this huge albeit light-hearted argument during Easter about whether an Aspirin a day is beneficial or not. Perhaps I should also add that Andrew is a pharmacist and that at least 4 out of tom's 5 family members take it every day. We are not blood related but for consensus.

And then I realized - that's how people used to see me, I think. Nice and fun to be around but a bit of an ass. Holy shit... that makes perfect sense. I think I get it now. Wow. I think I get it.