Monday, June 6, 2005

Back on the plane, going in the other direction this time. That was good - good trip. One of the best. Quite possibly the best. Weird how things go. Spent the whole trip talking myself into and out of moving back. Of course the first few days were rough. But good at the same time being such of a family gathering and so many visitors. About 230 people were in and out of the funeral home in 3 days so the man couldn't have been too bad, hey?

The night of the funeral I stayed at Nan's for the night. She's got some serious life altering stuff going on and some pretty big decisions to make. I hope for so much for her right now I can't even say.

Debra and I had a fabulous time together, as always. That girl is so damn fun it's not funny! I just love her to bits - she's so much beyond a sister to me. Of course that makes Cathy crazy jealous. Just the fact that she gets all pouty about it is the reason that she stays on the outside of the circle, though. Does she not get that? She's invited time and time again but stays apart because she's not number one or something. I do not understand that girl. How does her brain work, anyway?

Funny thing about the best part of my trip is the way that my brain works now. I'm awesome! For one thing, after the same old song and dance happened and I disagreed with Cathy a couple of times and she got snippy, I stopped myself when it happened. Yes, Cathy, you are right, all the weight gain was only from the Paxil. It had nothing to do with your eating habits or lack of exercise. And the weight loss had nothing to do with leaving your husband and all of the stress and sadness and excitement that created. Of course, Cathy, all of the research and - let's face it, common sense - that went into the development of anti-blister socks is a load of crap and you know way better. Go ahead and keep the snippy, know-it-all expression on your face. But, instead of punching her (I'm terrible!!), I agreed and let it go. Because, as I once said to her about Pop, why argue? Who is it helping? I have my opinions and she has hers and just because I'm, like, ALWAYS right doesn't mean that I will ever convince her of that! I will never get her. But I love her and I hugged her and thanked her for her hospitality and walked away proud of me.

Who is next? Blah! This part is boring. Bottom line is I love my family, they are all crazy except me (tee hee!) and those things cannot be changed. The only thing that can be changed is how I react to it. And, at the end of the day, how I feel is all that counts. IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!! (and people think I am kidding!!)

Okay, more weird trip information coming up. Hand hurts - must break - no sleep- turbulence.




"Oh god, let us LIVE before we DIE"