Friday, February 29, 2008

Deep Woods

I had a very reflective evening – I know: odd, but it was bound to happen eventually. It’s practice time. This new version of me, this new angle, the change in perspective is still very new and still evolving so I sat down with a pencil and paper and brainstormed. I wanted to remind myself of what I have learned but also reflect on the things that I had so erroneously accepted to be truth in the past. I always kinda had faith in my ‘I don’t care’ and ‘ten foot pole’ concept of relationships but perhaps the pole has been just a little too long. And perhaps my attitude came from my automatic acceptance of any and all confirmation I could find of the bad things that I thought about myself while never quite considering the fact that I might be wrong.

I will record a couple of concepts here but not all of them – remaining true to the most important one: DON’T OVER ANALYZE! Well, perhaps just a wee bit for fun…

* Don’t force it – let it happen or let it not happen but let it

* Accept that other people think differently, feel differently and live differently

* “Dig it or don’t; just don’t pretend” – Missy Spady

* Don’t say WHATEVER – say WHAT?

* Be your genuine self: some people will like you, some people won’t and that’s okay

* Never apologize for who you are

* Don’t devalue the things that you require to be fulfilled

* T-R-U-S-T

* You don’t have to be saved and you don’t have to save anyone else – just be

* Sometimes it’s gonna hurt… but it will be worth it

* “Free your mind and the rest will follow” – En Vogue

* Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
But don’t turn it into a reward system

* It’s okay to want more

* Let yourself off the hook. And let him off it, too.