Thursday, September 23, 2004

I ran! The other day I ran across the street. Sounds so simple and basic, doesn't it? Well, as I was running I realized that I haven't ran in almost a year. A YEAR! It was 11 months ago on Saturday that I had my accident. Anyway, tonight I was babysitting Jenna and I was really late and I ran from my car to Julie's house. I was crazy out of breath but I'm so proud of myself! I am no longer a prisoner of this couch. No longer a prisoner of my own mind!

I had fun with Jenna tonight. She's a real cute kid. I even stopped a time or two and thought - omigod, I'm playing! What a weirdo I am. Such basic things to people - running, playing - and I feel like I invented it! But it makes me feel like I'm on my way to where I want to be. "Now my imagination is the only thing that can stop the bar and it's rise to the heights"

I AM FREE!!!