Monday, May 11, 2009

Be careful what you wish for...

Did you ever notice how the only time anyone ever says "be careful what you wish for" is when they think something bad might happen? Well, experimenter of theories that I am, about a year ago I decided to turn that theory around - I decided to be careful what I wished for, but in a good way.

I had everything that I ever wanted: I made (almost) a six figure salary, nice car, my own condo decorated with brand new custom furniture. But I still didn't feel satisfied, I just wasn't happy. I realized that I had just coasted my whole life and maybe it was time to put a little effort into my life. I quit my job and set off a series of events that changed my life forever.

I learned that I can be happy - not just 'having a good day' happy but deep down to the soul happy. I learned that I have the ability to do and/or be anything that I want... as long as I want to work at it. And I learned peace.

So now I'm very careful about what I wish for... because I'm going to get it.