Monday, October 6, 2008

Lessons

Karl taught me to fight.
Karl taught me that good enough wasn't good enough for me.
Karl taught me that if I keep trying to break free I will eventually succeed.
Fabian taught me to question things.
Fabian taught me to finally see that the problem was me.
Fabian taught me that if I keep trying to break free I will eventually succeed.
Ian taught me what nice meant.
Ian taught me how to accept love.
Ian taught me that if I keep trying to break free I will eventually succeed.

Now I need to learn how to give love.
I need to learn how to open myself up to someone.
I need to learn that if I don't try to break free maybe he'll wanna keep me.
And if he does want to keep me but I don't feel the same, I need to learn that it's okay to say no. This is not a commitment right now. This is not the future. This is a possibility. A very exciting, hopeful, fingers crossed, tingles in the nether regions possibility and yet only a possibility. Live on, good friend... live on.